Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Needed An Outlet

I've started this blog not only to discuss an incredibly important topic, but also to allow myself some much needed release.  I have always been able to find healing through the written word and I know this must be true for others as well.  I knew I needed to start a blog and, when attempting to decide what on earth I would write about I discovered a need to talk openly about my experience with adoption.  I do hope that my words, my story, and my inevitable random thoughts might reach someone who is struggling or who needs to have a first hand idea of the simultaneous joy and heartbreak that comes with this choice.  I'll write as often as I can, but for now will explain that I have experienced both sides of this particular coin. I was an adopted child, and at the age of twenty I made the choice to give up my own child with the belief he deserved more than I could give him.

1 comment: